Saturday 19 April 2014

Ditsy Daisy Skirt

Hi there Blogosphere! 

Today I wanted to share with you my latest make - I've named it the Ditsy Daisy Skirt. 


It is floaty and flowery and purple and all things lovely! 

I really enjoyed making this project. It took just three hours from start to finish and I made the pattern up myself, using basic squares which I then gathered and attached to the waistband (I can do a tutorial of this if anyone's interested?) 

The fabric came from a shop in my local market called Poppy's Fabrics. At £8.80 a metre I thought it was well priced for the quality, which is a firm cotton, perfect for a gathered skirt like this! I snapped up the last metre on the roll and used the whole thing to create the lovely swathes of material hanging down. I do love a good 50's skirt!

When I first bought this material, I thought it might make a good top, but after a couple of days pondering which pattern to use, I realised its true purpose was to become a gorgeous summer skirt. Not that it's without it's faults - don't inspect the wonky hem too closely! (I don't like hemming - the last step between garments being unfinished and ready to wear!)

Now all this skirt needs is one final press and it's ready to be added to my summer wardrobe. 

What are your summer sewing projects please? 

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment