Tuesday 22 April 2014

Tilly's Bow Belt

Hello again!

I'm sure that if you've discovered my tiny little blog then you will definitely have already found the utter delights of sewer Tilly Walnes' blog, Tilly and the Buttons! 

I've been reading Tilly's blog since she starred in The Great British Sewing Bee last year, and fell in love with the tutorials on there. Last year I made a Picnic Blanket skirt, as pictured below, and now I have finally got round to sewing up a Bow Belt! 


The bow belt was an absolute dream to stitch. It took me little more than an hour from start to finish and used mere scraps of fabric. And here it is!



I love this belt! I've added a couple of different hooks and eyes so that it can be used for both dresses and skirts. 

If you would like to make a bow belt yourself, I'm sure Tilly wouldn't mind me giving you a cheeky point towards her website where it can be found - http://www.tillyandthebuttons.com/2010/06/bow-belt-tutorial.html?m=1. 

Happy stitching!

Beth x





No comments:

Post a Comment