Wednesday 27 August 2014

Love at First Stitch, One Make a Month: August, the Clemence Skirt

Hi guys! 

I've just finished the third installment of the Love at First Stitch One Make a Month competition. For August I chose the Clemence Skirt pattern, which I thought I could use to create a good transitional piece to take me from Summer into Autumn.



I used a mediumweight burgundy cotton which I thought would hold the shape of the gathers nicely. I love the colour, which I think will be really appropriate come the cooler weather, which we're already starting to see a bit of here in the UK. 

This skirt came together really quickly; it probably took me less than an hour to sew up once I'd cut out the pieces. I love satisfyingly quick makes like this one which I know will become real wardrobe staples! 

Next up on my One Make a Month plan is the Margot Pyjamas, so stay tuned as they should be making an appearance at some point during September. I just have to find the perfect flannel! Any suggestions? 

What have you been making recently? 

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment