Thursday 11 September 2014

What's on my Knitting Needles

Hey, happy Thursday you guys!

Today I am really excited to reveal the beginnings of my first proper knitting project - the Mama Vertebrae cardigan by Kelly Brooker (my Ravelry notes here). I started work on this about three weeks ago, around mid August, and have just finished the increases on the main body and separated off the sleeves. I'm thrilled at how much progress I've been able to make by myself - once my grandma had explained how to knit into the front and back of a stitch to increase, I was absolutely fine! 



I chose a 4 ply yarn for this project in a lovely mustard colour that I picked up two skeins of from my local Abakhan. I know that progress will be slower than if I'd have chosen something chunkier, but I really wanted a cardigan that would be suitable for all seasons, not just colder weather. I'm so happy with how it is looking so far! 

I aim to have the body and sleeves finished by the time Christmas rolls round - I think this is an achievable goal, and it means my grandma can show me how to work the body edging over the holidays, as this is the last step in the instructions I envisage having difficulty with. 

Overall, I'm really pleased with the look of the cardigan so far, and can't wait to get it finished so I can wear it over the winter months! 

Happy crafting as always :) 

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment