Thursday 23 October 2014

Love at First Stitch, One Make a Month: September, the Margot Pyjamas

Firstly I'd like to start with a massive apology for how late this documentation is! I do faithfully promise that the planning of this make did begin in September, so I hope it's still eligible for the challenge. My sewing output has slowed down massively in the last month which I'm not too pleased about, but it can't be helped. Uni is a big adjustment! 

I am pleased to announce though that I am FINALLY round to posting my September installment of the Love at First Stitch challenge, the Margot Pyjamas. 


I used a pale blue flannel for these pyjamas which, though plain, is sooo soft. I can't imagine I'd be cold in these come winter, they are incredibly warm and snuggly! I also thought I'd use a floral ribbon for the drawstring instead of a matching flannel one to liven them up a little bit, and I think it adds a nice feature. 

For my first trouser shaped project, I think these could have gone a lot worse, so I'm really happy with them. I did struggle a little on the crotch, but after studying a pair of my ready to wear pyjamas and Tilly's helpful instructions, I soon found my way. 

I'm sure that these will see a lot of wear in the coming cold months, especially here in Wales. I also hope to pick up my productivity levels and have just finished cutting out the pattern pieces for my October Love at First Stitch challenge, the Mimi Blouse, so hopefully it shouldn't take too long before it makes an appearance on the blog! 

Thank you very much for reading as always, and I hope that wherever you are you're having a lovely week. 

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment