Wednesday 26 November 2014

Mustard Sunflowers

Hey guys! 

Time for sewing has been sadly lacking recently - I have an essay due next Wednesday and am working to get it finished! However, last Friday I did have some spare time to sew up a new dress for a trip to London at the weekend (yes, Liberty fabric was purchased!) which has quickly become a wardrobe staple. 


I loooove this dress! It feels so autumnal with the warm, rich shades of mustard (the pattern is lots of teeny flowers, I'm not sure you can see on this photo). The sleeves also mean that it's suitable to wear as a winter piece, especially with a cardigan. Speaking of cardigans, won't it go brilliantly with my Mama Vertebrae cardigan once it's finished? 



Apart from a slight hiccup ... yes, I may have sewed the neckline to the skirt (don't ask) ... this dress came together smoothly. My favourite part is the skirt - look at the volume! Entirely natural by the way - there's about three metres of fabric gathered round that waist. 

Fabric wise, it's a simple medium weight cotton found at the local market on a visit home a few weeks ago. I fell in love with the pattern and knew it would make a stunning dress. The weight of the fabric gives the skirt a lovely body as well. I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out, especially when paired with my black cardigan. 


You can see the pattern a bit better on this photo. I think it's so adorable, but not too summery even though it's so floral. The richer colours mean I'll definitely be wearing this dress all winter long - but I can envisage some thick tights having to be bought if I'm to brave the Welsh weather! 

Have you been sewing much recently? Share your makes below! :) 

Beth x

2 comments:

  1. Love this dress! It's great you've found it again thanks to mmmay15 because it deserves a lot of wear and showing off! :).

    ReplyDelete