As part of my New Year Sewing Resolutions, I've sewn up a top!
I decided to make New Look 6483, View C (the red one on the bottom left of the pattern envelope). I've never made a proper top before, but it was a really satisfying change from the dress after dress after dress approach I normally take to sewing.
And here it is!
I used a really lovely drapey cotton lawn from Abakhan. This pattern is so fabric saving! It took less than a metre to make up.
I love both the pattern of the fabric and the pattern of the top. It was really quick to sew up, about two hours from start to finish, and I think the floral design is really pretty. Green is a colour I rarely wear but often feel I should wear more.
I cut out a straight size 6 and it fits really nicely, just as well as any of my ready-to-wear tops. I've recently started wearing jeans a bit more often (I'm usually a dresses girl as you've probably noticed!), and I think this top will go really nicely with a lot of the pairs I own.
Here is the back. There's a simple keyhole that fastens with a button to help get the top on and off. The facing that helps finish off the keyhole edges is so nifty! I will definitely be trying this technique again in the future.
All in all, I am really happy with my new top and can't wait to sew up another version!
I hope all is well with you all :)