Saturday 18 April 2015

My First Blog-iversary!

Happy Saturday everybody! Today is an exciting day for me - Sewing Soothes the Soul turns one!

A year ago today, inspired by the likes of Tilly and the Buttons, Kitchen Table Sewing, So Zo... and Tea for Two, I took the plunge and started writing my very own sewing blog! Looking back, the blog has been a great way to track my progress in this crafty little world of ours, and I love being able to read through old posts and see how far I've come. 

When I first set up Sewing Soothes the Soul, I only had four months sewing experience in me and was a total newbie really. My first post features pictures of everything I'd made up to that point, and comparing those to pictures from the last few months it's clear to see how much I've improved as a sewer! The vast majority of those early makes never get worn anymore (and luckily my self-photography skills have improved dramatically during the past year as well!), but without each and every one of them I would never have reached the level I'm at today.

I've still got a long way to go in improving my skills, but what I love about my sewing is that you can always keep learning and developing. There are new patterns constantly being released, and new things to try as our style choices change through life as well. Recently I've undergone a bit of a wardrobe shift, from my usual girly dresses to a more casual zip up hoodie, top and jeans. However, I'm excited about this! I can't wait to get stuck into sewing my first ever trouser pattern. I also know that my tastes will inevitably tire of trousers at some point in the future and change back to dresses, so I know the effort I put into my handmade wardrobe so far hasn't been wasted. I've always been a bit of a 'one or the other' type girl - stages of being girly and stages of living in jeans, but for some reason never a happy medium! 

So, whether you've been following my progress from the start, stumbled across my ramblings somewhere during the past year or if this is your first ever visit to my little corner of tinterweb - a heartfelt thank you to you all, and here's to the next year! 

Happy birthday Sewing Soothes the Soul. 

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment