I have some very exciting news today... the lovely Mona of Curls & Cakes has nominated me for the Liebster Award!! Thank you so much Mona, it's such an honour to be nominated by such an awesome, stylish and intelligent person (if you've not read Mona's posts on understanding cancer yet, you should check them out - they're easy to understand and contain information we should all be aware of about how cancer works).
From what I've read, the Liebster Award is basically a way for bloggers to share their love for blogging and other bloggers with each other, which I think is a wonderful idea.
I'm supposed to share 11 random facts about myself, so here goes...
1. I'm a pescetarian, which is someone who eats fish but not meat - so far I'm not dedicated enough to go vegan, but I do what little I can to limit my impact on the lives of other animals
2. I used to have very blonde hair; it only started to darken to the shade it is today in my first year of primary school
3. I was recently made a godmother to a beautiful little girl called Abigail
4. I've visited 11 countries so far - Wales, Scotland, Ireland, USA, France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy and Russia. When I've finished my degree I'd love to go travelling and cross off a few more
5. My absolute favourite TV show in the world is Detectorists (there'll be a few spoilers in that link if you haven't watched it yet!)
6. I never leave the house with unpainted nails
7. I've always been a reader, and when I was little I wanted to be a writer. The inspiration behind my choice of degree - Welsh History - can be found in a single book, Here Be Dragons by Sharon Penman. Please, go and read it. I've never read a novel more beautifully written
8. I have a particular weakness for huge hoop earrings, but it took me five years of having my ears pierced to learn how to take them in and out by myself
9. I've always wanted to be Welsh, just like my great-grandmother. I guess a lot of my choices in life have been influenced by that desire, including my choice of university and which rugby team I support!
10. My favourite animals are narwhals (they are like sea unicorns!)
11. I've been to watch the Tour de France four times, all of which were amazing
Now for my turn to nominate some people...I've chosen these amazing ladies for their beautiful blogs and awesome style -