Sunday 29 November 2015

Absence

Hey guys,

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last posted. I miss both blogging and sewing so much; I haven't been doing much of either recently. My assignments for university have been piling up, there are three essays due in for 10th December totalling 8,000 words. That's a lot of writing...

I've finished a dress, a skirt and a cardigan since I last wrote here, which are all waiting to be photographed. My phone is being a pain at the moment and won't let me take pictures the way I normally do, due to a lack of internal storage. Hopefully I can get it fixed soon so that I can start documenting some finished makes!

Thankfully it's not been all work and no play around here, as I have managed to fit in a trip to London, which was amazing as always. Although I don't think I could ever adjust to city life, I do love the occasional visit; there's so much to see, the bustling crowds and, of course, the shopping! There may have been a trip to Liberty involved, and I also picked up some gorgeous fabric in John Lewis, including the most beautiful purple needlecord, which I hope to make into a Megan Nielsen Brumby skirt.

Last night I also went to see one of my absolute favourite bands, Bellowhead, in concert. I know their name is suggestive of screaming rock music, but they actually produce the most lovely, bouncy folk music, which is far more my style. Check out my favourite song of theirs here. The evening was so much fun, and by complete coincidence I bumped into one of my lecturers and one of my flatmates Lucy there, neither of whom I knew were going too!

I will try to post more regularly, but no guarantees I'm afraid, at least until the first of my assignments have been handed in.

Thanks for bearing with me and being so patient :) I hope all your sewing projects are going well, feel free to share below!

-obligatory band t shirt pic-

Peace out guys. 

Beth x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear from you again! Best of luck with those assignments, I know the drain. Agree with you on city life. I'm living in the city this year (well a suburb just out of Sydney) and it is certainly not for me long term, planning a rural move at some point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kaitlyn! it feels good to write again, i really miss blogging regularly. i hope you enjoy your year in the city, i bet it'll feel lovely to move somewhere quieter though :)

      Delete
  2. Great way to hear from you, Beth. I loooove Bellowhead, also went to see them for their farewell tour in Portsmouth- it was my 4th time seeing them and am really sad it's the last time I'll get to see them. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Fiona! i've missed blogging so much, i hope i can find time soon to post more regularly. yay, a fellow Bellowhead fan! they're brilliant aren't they? so sad it's their farewell tour but good to see them whilst we still can :) xx

      Delete