Thursday 28 January 2016

Christmas Day Dress

Hello everyone, how are you all? 

After yesterday's rather melancholy post, I finally got round to photographing my latest sewing projects, so today I thought I'd start by sharing my Christmas Day dress - better late than never! 


The lighting here is shocking - a combination of poor winter light and living in student halls! However, hopefully you can see that this is the Sewaholic Cambie, sewn up in fabric bought from Cath Kidston. I absolutely love the print, the big flowers are so pretty! I made up my usual size 0 with no adjustments, cutting out the pieces on December 23rd and sewing them up on Christmas Eve. 


I lived in this dress all over the Christmas period, wearing it on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Eve - it's such an awesome party dress! 


I made sure there was a whole flower in the centre of the bodice, but that's about as far as I went with pattern placement. The fit is really nice, the only complaint I have is that the sleeves are a teeny bit low, meaning the top of my bra occasionally peeks out, but overall I'm really pleased. This is definitely one of my favourite ever makes! 

I'll be back soon with some photos of my By Hand London Elisalex skirt hacks, so stay tuned :) 

Thank you for reading,

Beth x

2 comments: