Saturday 4 June 2016

Summer At Last!

Hey guys!

Gosh, it's been over a month since I last posted. Time flies! Thankfully, I have at last got all of my assignments handed in, exams are over and I have officially completed my second year of university - now to enjoy the summer! 

I've already got started on enjoying the freedom of the holidays with a trip to London last weekend with my boyfriend and three of our friends, which was really lovely. I even managed to pick some absolutely gorgeous Liberty Tana Lawn! (Yes, my love of Liberty still knows no bounds...) 


I'm still deciding what to make with my Liberty fabric, but my sewing output in general has increased dramatically since finishing my exams last Thursday, with two dresses and a blouse completed! I'm slowly getting round to photographing everything so watch this space for their posts soon. 

You might also have noticed that I've added a new page to my blog's header - My Wardrobe! Photographs of all my handmade garments can be found there with the link to their original post, just to make it a bit easier to find past makes and to see the progression of my sewing (and photography!) skills over the years. In general it has to be said I'm not a fan of people who apologise on blogs, but I really think you're owed one here - my early blog photos (selfie in the mirror) are fairly horrific! Thankfully I've figured out how to self-photograph without the need for a mirror now. 

That's pretty much everything that's been going on with me recently. Just seeing people, sewing and binge watching TV series on Netflix! I'll leave you with a train selfie I took today on a trip to Chester. Hasn't the weather been lovely?! 


As always, thank you for reading - I'll be back soon with some completed project posts, but in the meantime, have a fabulous week! 

Beth x

7 comments:

  1. Great to see you're back! And great job handing in all your assignments and finishing your exams, I remember what a hard time the end of term used to be.
    Hope you are having a splendid day.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mona! Getting to the end of term is always a relief :) Hope you're having a wonderful day

      Delete
  2. Great to hear from you again. And yay with finishing semester, I am almost there myself, and am really excited for the amount of sewing time I will bring. Cannot wait to see what you've made, especially with the Liberty, I have a few Liberty projects up my sleeve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaitlyn! Good luck with finishing the rest of your semester :) just imagine all that lovely sewing time you'll have!

      Delete
  3. Great to see you back! Hope you have a nice relaxing summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also really jealous of your ability to wear fabulous lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Kristy! It's 'Black Cherry' by Elizabeth Arden if you fancy trying it! I hope you have a wonderful summer too :)

      Delete